KREOLYNE - TROPICAL VIBES
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Kreolyne / Tropical Vibes le forum de toutes les vibes, toutes vibes confondues!! Ambiance MAAAAAAAAAAAAALADE garantie!!

AccueilPortailGalerieRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion

R.I.P. JAY DEE

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Clo971/.2
MODERATRICE & STAFF Kreolyne
Clo971/.2

Féminin Nombre de messages : 938

R.I.P. JAY DEE Empty
MessageSujet: R.I.P. JAY DEE   R.I.P. JAY DEE EmptyLun 13 Fév - 11:35

J Dilla aka James Yancey, un des meilleurs producteurs hip-hop de tous les temps, est décédé dans la matinée du vendredi 10 février 2006 à Los Angeles, Californie. On se souviendra de J Dilla pour sa participation aux albums de Slum Village, A Tribe Called Quest, Q-Tip, Common, Busta Rhymes et beaucoup d'autres...

Source (en anglais): http://www.bbemusic.com/
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Clo971/.2
MODERATRICE & STAFF Kreolyne
Clo971/.2

Féminin Nombre de messages : 938

R.I.P. JAY DEE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: R.I.P. JAY DEE   R.I.P. JAY DEE EmptyLun 13 Fév - 11:41

Autre source: http://www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/news/85763.php

R.I.P. JAY DEE Jdilla3wy

James Yancey AKA J Dilla, heralded producer for A Tribe Called Quest, Common and Slum Village, died Friday of complications from lupus according to his manager Timothy Maynor. James Yancey’s mother found him dead in his room. He was 32.

Yancey had been on a dialysis machine for two years. The Detroit native was living in Los Angeles with his mother after being diagnosed with the immune system disease roughly three years ago. Yancey’s joints and kidney’s were weakened by lupus (which causes the immune system to attack healthy cells), but he remained upbeat says Maynor. “He was optimistic about working on future projects and doing future shows,” he said. Yancey was bent on touring in Europe in December and Maynor told him, “… I'm prepared to carry you, if I have to carry you down stairs and put you on stage.”

As a producer J Dilla AKA Jay Dee worked on California rap group The Pharcyde's second album, Labcabincalifornia (1995), produced the bulk of A Tribe Called Quest’s 1998 LP The Love Movement and worked on various Common albums. According to Detroit emcee Phat Kat Dilla’s rare mix of claps, drum machines and samples influenced many other producers. “That's really where all the other cats are getting that style,” he said.

As an emcee J Dilla formed Detroit collective Slum Village in the late 90’s, helping spawn their debut, Fantastic Vol. 2. He then branched off to a solo career, collaborating with quirky California producer/emcee Madlib in 2003 for Champion Sound. The two rhymed over each other’s beats throughout the album. Dilla released the compilation Welcome to Detroit in 2001 and according to Phat Kat finished part two before he died. Dilla released an instrumental album called Donuts last month through Stones Throw Records.
rookie
Boss

R.I.P. JAY DEE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: R.I.P. JAY DEE   R.I.P. JAY DEE EmptyLun 13 Fév - 13:03

je m'associe a ton chagrin lil clo
:'(

perso, ce monsieur est celui qui m'a fait le plus triper dans le rap.
les leaders of the new school...
tribe callled quest, delasoul plus recement slumvillage et j'en passe...

il a produit, crée plein de sons pour pas mal d'artiste, il va nous manquer gravissimement...

j'adorais son style 'nice and smooth' car il faisait des intrus 'lourdes et smooth' ( je ne vois pas comment mieux definir son style)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Now you caught me heart for the evening
Kissed my cheek, moved in, you confuse things
Should I just sit out or come harder?
Help me find my way
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Contenu sponsorisé

R.I.P. JAY DEE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: R.I.P. JAY DEE   R.I.P. JAY DEE Empty

R.I.P. JAY DEE